RESTORE The Baldwin Schools Program...... IMPROVE Student Achievement.....
REWORK The Collective Bargaining Agreements www.baldwinbudget.com
On Long Island,money for education has become money for educators.
The Baldwin School District has limited resources. The excessive salaries & benefits of teachers & administrators have resulted in larger class sizes, program cuts, supply cuts, extracurricular cuts, delayed capital repairs / tech improvements, transportation cuts & excessive school property taxes.
Baldwin School District Compensation
(salaries & benefits)
"Learn more ....JUDGE FOR YOURSELF"
* The collective bargaining agreements determine the solvency of the school district
* Median Educator Salary.....
$ 112,800. (for <9 months work per year)
* With Benefits (health care + pension). $140-150,000. (for <9 months work per year)
* If Educators worked a full year ( like the Baldwin Residents who fund their compensation), their rate of compensation would be
over $ 195,000/year
NEW ! Superintendent's Contract (2014-2017)
Proof of $8.2 million2013 budget surplus from audit Proof of $8.4 million 2014 budget surplus
School Rankings: How low will Baldwin go?
New !... 2014 Administrators' Salaries......
all schools & district office
New ! ..... 2014-15 School Principals.....
3 den mothers paid like Pashas... guess who?
*English Department High School &Middle School
* Special Education All Schools
* Psychologists, Librarians, Guidance, Social Work
* Social Studies HS & MS
* New ! Physical Education All Schools
New ! Mathematics HS & MS
* Science High School & Middle School
* Art, Music, Tech, Home/Careers, Business
New ! Lenox School - Elementary
New ! Steele School - Elementary
New!.....Brookside School - Elementary
New! .....Plaza School - Elementary
New!......Meadow School - Elementary
* All Salaries 2012 * Recent Pensions * Other Pensions * 2013 Retirees
Douglas County School District(outside Denver,CO)
cars,food,homes,health insurance,utilities, fuel are costly.... property taxes are not
Burbank, CA Unified School District (Los Angeles, CA)
Baldwin Community Schools, Baldwin, Michigan
Private Sector Teachers... Catholic Schools NY
Christina School District Delaware
Cupertino, California salary schedule
Cupertino, CA home prices
Understanding Your School Board Members
* Karyn Reid, President
Updated: * Joel Press, Esq.
* Ms. Seniority... Ms. Generosity:
Updated: Maryjo... tax hike hypocrite
......she doesn't like to pay the piper.....
* Businessman: Mr. Eric Harrison
* Contrarian: Deborah Rebore
Want More Information
* contact: email@example.com * The BaldwinBudget Website will gladly make a 20 minute presentation to any Baldwin Community organization
* School District Link
Next Board Meeting:
Wed. Feb 25 @ HS: Budget work session
Wed. March 11 @ Meadow: 8PM
Very NEW ! "Deceiving the Taxpayer"
Our annual budget surpluses... $4.6million , $8.4m, $8.4m, $9m, $11m.... always TAX TO THE MAX!
NEW ! The New Math.... our 2015 1.5% tax hike is actually a 4% real tax hike (~ $325./)... we run up > $16 million surpluses in last two years while cutting the school musical etc.
NEW! : The Solution:
Salary Cap Guidelines To Adjust State Aid
New! The Transportation Referendum (Feb/2013)
Remember the pitch?... $ 1 million in savings.... the actual voting proposition stated " a cost reduction of $1M"
the reality.... $ 82,000. cost reduction
Typical Baldwin SD.... less for more... now K-5 walks 2 miles instead of 1 mile..... see Transportation Tab on top menu for additional information
New! Scannell's Blunder: How he threw away $ 2,000,000.
How Mr. Scannell became the most expensive Superintendent on LI
New! School District Bus Service Comparison
We pay Cadillac property taxes in Baldwin but most students don't merit even a ride... worst service in the County.
* NY Post: "Head of the Crass"
The Baldwin School Board fires a whistle blower and ends up paying $ 1.6M after being found liable for $6.5M by jury. Bad advice, costly advice by our high priced HR Superintendent. The School District covers up for a former Middle School Principal.
The $ 6.5 million verdict
* NY Times: Gov. Cuomo calls for Superintendent Salary Cap of $175,000
New Jersey currently has A Salary Cap of $175,000 for school district superintendents.
* The Empress is Wearing No Clothes
LI School Boards & Superintendents meet at the Melville Hilton to practice their scapegoating talking points blaming NY State for their financial woes caused by their own overpaying of their teachers & administrator
* money: Two Financial Bubbles
How exorbitant salaries are supported only by government coercion and an abusive public monopoly... just like the housing bubble
* sports: Trifecta
How the educators have hit the jackpot through the rigged collective bargaining process
* math: Arithmetic of the 8 month work year
A double proof of the educators' substandard work year that is coupled with super-sized compensation
* therapy: LI's Incurable Tax Addicts
Why we need intervention & remediation for our own School Board VP Mary Jo O'Hagan, who not only drinks the habit forming kool-aid but serves it as President of the Nassau-Suffolk School Boards Association.
Articles Coming Soon
How The School Budget Vote is Rigged by the Education Mob
Lack of Oversight: Superintendent Goes to Jail