RESTORE The Baldwin Schools Program...... IMPROVE Student Achievement.....
REWORK The Expired Collective Bargaining Agreements www.baldwinbudget.com
80% of the $122 Million Dollar Budget is Personnel Expenditures
$ 23M of the $122 M Dollar Budget is Personnel Benefits
Baldwin School District Compensation
(salaries & benefits)
Learn more ...."JUDGE FOR YOURSELF"....
NEW ! Superintendent's Contract (2014-2017)
A Solution: Salary Cap Guidelines To Adjust State Aid
NEW ! The New Math.... our 2015 1.5% tax hike is actually a 4% real tax hike (~ $325./)... we run up > $16 million surpluses in last two years while cutting the school musical etc.
Proof of $8.2 million 2012-13 budget surplus from audit
New !... Proof of $8.4 million 2014 budget surplus
School Rankings: How low will Baldwin go?
Baldwin Falsifies Business Records
2013-14 Audited Financial Statement
2014 Baldwin School District
* English Department High School &Middle School
* Special Education All Schools
* Psychologists, Librarians, Guidance, Social Work
* Social Studies HS & MS
* New ! Physical Education All Schools
New ! Mathematics HS & MS
* Science High School & Middle School
* Art, Music, Tech, Home/Careers, Business
New !... 2014 ADMINISTRATORS' SALARIES..
all schools & district office
New ! Lenox School - Elementary
New ! Steele School - Elementary
New!.....Brookside School - Elementary
New! .....Plaza School - Elementary
New!......Meadow School - Elementary
* All Salaries 2012 * Recent Pensions * Other Pensions * 2013 Retirees
Douglas County School District(outside Denver,CO)
cars,food,homes,health insurance,utilities, fuel are costly.... property taxes are not
Burbank, CA Unified School District (Los Angeles, CA)
Baldwin Community Schools, Baldwin, Michigan
Private Sector Teachers... Catholic Schools NY
Christina School District Delaware
Cupertino, California salary schedule
Cupertino, CA home prices
* The collective bargaining agreements determine the solvency of the school district
* Median Educator Salary.....
$ 112,800. (for <9 months work per year)
* With Benefits (health care + pension). $140-150,000. (for <9 months work per year)
* If Educators worked a full year ( like the Baldwin Residents who fund their compensation), their rate of compensation would be
over $ 195,000/year
Understanding Your School Board Members
* Karyn Reid, President
Updated: * Joel Press, Esq.
* Ms. Seniority... Ms. Generosity:
Mary Jo O'Hagan
* Businessman: Mr. Eric Harrison
* Contrarian: Deborah Rebore
Want More Information
* contact: firstname.lastname@example.org * The BaldwinBudget Website will gladly make a 20 minute presentation to any Baldwin Community organization
* School District Link
Other Page Tabs on Top of This Home Page Menu
What Can I Do?
Individuals have the right, responsibility & ability to effect change.... helpful hints
Just in case you were wondering?
Contracts, outside media & exotic information
previously featured articles
Next Board Meeting:
Wednesday January 14 @ Plaza 8 pm
Wednesday January 28 MS Community Input
New! The Transportation Referendum (Feb/2013)
Remember the pitch?... $ 1 million in savings....
the reality.... $ 82,000. cost reduction
Typical Baldwin SD.... less for more... now K-5 walks 2 miles instead of 1 mile.....
* NY Post: "Head of the Crass"
The Baldwin School Board fires a whistle blower and ends up paying $ 1.6M after being found liable for $5M by jury. Bad advice, costly advice by our high priced HR Superintendent. The School District covers up for a former Middle School Principal.
* NY Times: Gov. Cuomo calls for Superintendent Salary Cap of $175,000
* The Empress is Wearing No Clothes
LI School Boards & Superintendents meet at the Melville Hilton to practice their scapegoating talking points blaming NY State for their financial woes caused by their own overpaying of their teachers & administrators.
* humor: The new school elective: Begging!
How school misspending is enabled by community fundraising beggary
* money: Two Financial Bubbles
How exorbitant salaries are supported only by government coercion and an abusive public monopoly... just like the housing bubble
* sports: Trifecta
How the educators have hit the jackpot through the rigged collective bargaining process
* math: Arithmetic of the 8 month work year
A double proof of the educators' substandard work year that is coupled with super-sized compensation
* therapy: LI's Incurable Tax Addicts
Why we need intervention & remediation for our own School Board VP Mary Jo O'Hagan, who not only drinks the habit forming kool-aid but serves it as President of the Nassau-Suffolk School Boards Association.
* human relations: Good Parents(aren't enablers)
Why our schools need tough love to improve.
Articles Coming Soon
How The School Budget Vote is Rigged by the Education Mob
*rhetoric: Teachers' Association Talking Points
A point by point refutation of the union's insipid arguments in defense of their overcompensation
* troubleshooting: The Long Term Solution
How to improve the school district's financial health and student achievement while reducing class size by reworking the collective bargain agreements with our educators.