RESTORE The Baldwin Schools Program...... IMPROVE Student Achievement.....
REWORK The Expired Collective Bargaining Agreements www.baldwinbudget.com
80% of the $119 Million Dollar Budget is Personnel Expenditures
$ 23M of the $119 M Dollar Budget is Personnel Benefits
Baldwin School District Compensation
(salaries & benefits)
Learn more ...."JUDGE FOR YOURSELF"....
*Guide to Your Property Taxes
Bloated Salaries & Benefits Hurt The School Program
*All Salaries 2013 Baldwin School District
* English Department High School, Middle School
* Special Education All Schools
* Psychologists, Librarians, Guidance, Social Work
* Social Studies High School, Middle School
* Physical Education All Schools
* Foreign Language High School Middle School
* Math High School Middle School
* Science High School & Middle School
* Art, Music, Tech, Home/Careers, Business
Administrators.... all schools & district office
Lenox School - Elementary
Steele School - Elementary
Brookside School- Elementary
Plaza School- Elementary
Meadow School- Elementary
* Brookside School * Plaza School
* Meadow School * Steele School
* Lenox School * Middle School * High School * Administrators
* Misc. Teachers * All Salaries 2012
* Recent Pensions * Other Pensions
* 2013 Retirees
Douglas County School District(outside Denver,CO)
cars,food,homes,health insurance,utilities, fuel are costly.... property taxes are not
Burbank, CA Unified School District (Los Angeles, CA)
Baldwin Community Schools, Baldwin, Michigan
Private Sector Teachers... Catholic Schools NY
* The collective bargaining agreements determine the solvency of the school district
* Median Educator Salary.....
$ 112,800. (for <9 months work per year)
* With Benefits (health care + pension). $140-150,000. (for <9 months work per year)
* If Educators worked a full year ( like the Baldwin Residents who fund their compensation), their rate of compensation would be
over $ 195,000/year
Understanding Your School Board Members
* aka Laura Curran..... resigned February 2014
* Joel Press, Esq.
* Ms. Seniority... Ms. Generosity:
Mary Jo O'Hagan
* Businessman: Mr. Eric Harrison
* Contrarian: Deborah Rebore
Want More Information
* contact: email@example.com * The BaldwinBudget Website will gladly make a
20 minute presentation to any Baldwin Community organization
* School District Link
Other Page Tabs on Top of This Home Page Menu
What Can I Do?
Individuals have the right, responsibility & ability to effect change.... helpful hints
Just in case you were wondering?
Contracts, outside media & exotic information
previously featured articles
Next School Board Meeting Wednesday May 14 @ 8PM @ Middle School
Budget Hearing Wed. May 7 @ District Office
Candidate's Forum Wed. April 30 @ DO
* NY Post: "Head of the Crass"
The Baldwin School Board fires a whistle blower and ends up paying $ 1.6M after being found liable for $5M by jury. Bad advice, costly advice by our high priced HR Superintendent. The School District covers up for a former Middle School Principal.
* NY Times: Cuomo calls for Superintendent Salary Cap of $175,000
* The Empress is Wearing No Clothes
LI School Boards & Superintendents meet at the Melville Hilton to practice their scapegoating talking points blaming NY State for their financial woes caused by their own overpaying of their teachers & administrators.
* humor: The new school elective: Begging!
How school misspending is enabled by community fundraising beggary
* money: Two Financial Bubbles
How exorbitant salaries are supported only by government coercion and an abusive public monopoly... just like the housing bubble
* sports: Trifecta
How the educators have hit the jackpot through the rigged collective bargaining process
* math: The Arithmetic of the 8 month work year
A double proof of the educators' substandard work year that is coupled with super-sized compensation
* therapy: LI's Incurable Tax Addicts
Why we need intervention & remediation for our own School Board VP Mary Jo O'Hagan, who not only drinks the habit forming kool-aid but serves it as President of the Nassau-Suffolk School Boards Association.
* human relations: Good Parents(aren't enablers)
Why our schools need tough love to improve.
Articles Coming Soon
How The School Budget Vote is Rigged by the Education Mob
*rhetoric: Teachers' Association Talking Points
A point by point refutation of the union's insipid arguments in defense of their overcompensation
* troubleshooting: The Long Term Solution
How to improve the school district's financial health and student achievement while reducing class size by reworking the collective bargain agreements with our educators.